Summers are back with a bang and so are countless summer skin woes! The temperatures are soaring, and it is crucial that you take care of your skin. Take a heart and beat the heat this summer, maintaining your beauty and keeping your skin soft, supple and well nourished.
Here are a few tips that you need to follow this summer’s:
Exfoliate your skin
- It’s so very important to exfoliate your skin. Your body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute in a day. If you don’t get rid of them, they will just sit on your skin making you look dull and dry.
- No matter how much lotion you use, you are never going to have glowing skin if you don’t exfoliate.
Go for fresh sunscreen
- Throw away last year’s unused sunscreen for a new bottle. Sunscreens aren’t meant to last forever, and seeing most people don’t use as much as they should.
- Buy a new sunscreen that has UVA and UVB products and comes in SPF 30 and SPF 70.
- You should use a full teaspoon for your face. Re-apply every 1-2 hours when you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe sun fun.
Hydrate your body with a summer-scented lotion
- Find a summery lotion that you won’t forget to put on. It’s time to pack away your thick winter body butters for more light summery lotions.
- You don’t have time to wait for your lotion to sink in, so look for something light fast absorbing.
- Gels and Purees are perfect fast absorbers. Nothing spells summer more than a light refreshing fruity lotion.
- Make sure you apply right after you dry off from your shower. You need to seal in the moisture your body just soaked in.
Get a safe summer glow
- You have so many choices when it comes to adding a little summer tint to your skin, and the tanning bed shouldn’t be one of them. Using a sunless tanner will give your skin a beautiful start to summer.
- You can happily use sunless tanners on your face. If you alternate your facial moisturizer with one that builds a bit of color, you will surely have a healthy glow
- Most facial tanners build color gradually, by alternating with your regular moisturizer; you will never get too dark.
Plenty of water
- At least 8 glasses of water are needed. If possible, carry a water bottle with you and remember to drink at least once in every 30 minutes.
- Water not only helps you feel fresh, but it also prevents dehydration and will help wash out a lot of toxins.
- During summers less make-up is best. Under the intolerant sun natural looks are best. If you intend to use foundation then also apply face powder with SPF to avoid patchy skin.
- To protect your lips always use a gloss or a lip balm with SPF 15 to make your lips fresher. Eye make-up is something which should be very much avoided in summers
Ditch those aerated drinks
- Most people have the tendency to reach out for an ice cold aerated drink to quench their thirst on a really hot day. However, it’s important to remember that these drinks are full of sugar that is not good for your skin or your figure.
- Drink some water, fresh lime, fresh fruit juices or coconut water to stay hydrated. It’s also best to minimize the intake of diuretics like alcohol and caffeine as they reduce the water from your system.
Stay out of the sun between 10 AM and 3 PM
- The hottest part of the day during summers is between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM. Don’t stay out in the sun for longer periods around these hottest hours; the longer you’re outside, the longer your skin is exposed to the radiation.
Eat healthy, exercise and sleep well! The holy trinity of good health and glowing skin holds true for the whole year. So along with all the tips above, don’t forget to eat a balanced diet, work out for at least 45 minutes every day and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.